Welcome to Bayside Academy.
We are a busy but friendly school, with lots going on. This website aims to give you a taster of the school, as well as providing regular updated information for both parents and pupils.
We hope that you enjoy your visit to our website, and that you find any information you are looking for. If you need a paper copy of anything which you see on our website, please speak to the school office. There is no charge for this.
Please feel free to contact the school direct with any queries you may have.
Thank you for visiting!
Bayside Academy is a two-form entry Primary Academy from Reception to Year 6 (4 to 11 year olds).
Each class is staffed by a full time teacher and learning across the Academy is supported by qualified teaching assistants. All classes are organised as mixed sex.
The Academy building was totally refurbished in 2008 and we are lucky to have bright and spacious classrooms together with a significant amount of outdoor space to enhance learning.
The Academy also benefits from:
- A large Academy hall.
- A well-stocked library.
- A computer suite.
- Advanced IT classroom tools including E-readers, Ipads and Notebooks.
- Specialist classrooms and facilities for Art, DT and Food Technology.
- Outdoor adventure play equipment.
- Separate Early Years Foundation Stage, Key Stage 1 and Key Stage 2 playground areas.
- Play Leaders co-ordinating additional playground games and activities for all Key Stages.
- Cloakrooms and toilets in each year group area.
- Serving area to enable us to provide hot Academy meals daily.
- Inclusion team, providing emotional and practical support to both pupils and parents.
- Good community links.
- KS1 classes with covered outdoor learning areas.